Welcome to the Oregon Network for Compassionate Communication (ORNCC). We invite you to join us in promoting, celebrating and supporting Nonviolent Communication in Oregon and southwest Washington.
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is a process developed by Dr. Marshall Rosenberg based on a vision of the world in which everyone's needs are met peacefully through relationships guided by compassion. NVC helps to:
- Cultivate a kinder, more authentic connection with yourself and others
- Re-establish trust and honesty in intimate relationships
- Improve communication among family members of all ages
- Create productive & cooperative ways of working among employees, staff & managers
- Translate wants & desires into requests that are clear, compassionate, direct & doable
Curious about NVC? New to the region? Want meaningful connections? We hope you'll find what you're looking for.
Help Spread NVC
If you've found NVC to be of value, you may wish to help others become familiar with the process, for example by helping to organize NVC training in your area. The ORNCC Board encourages such initiatives and is eager to lend its support, for example by:
- providing funding for a trainer
- granting you permission to use ORNCC's nonprofit status to get a low or no cost venue
- offering suggestions to help your event or project succeed
If you would like to explore collaborating with ORNCC, please email with a brief indication of what you have in mind, along with your contact information, and a board member will be in touch with you.