Do you want a solid foundation on which to build cooperative and peaceful relationships?
Our Foundations class is designed to not only provide you with clarity and understanding of the Basic Skills of Nonviolent Communication (NVC), but to also immerse you in experiences and practice designed to make your new skills immediately usable. To register fill out the form below.
During this 8-week Foundations class you’ll learn:
- The basic skills of NVC.
- How to identify the difference between judgment of others and observation in order to create new clarity and understanding that will support your capacity to thrive in relationships.
- A powerful personal vocabulary that will increase the chances you’ll be heard in the way you hope and intend.
- How to hear others with compassion even when it’s hardest to do.
- Tools to get yourself more clarity about what strategies would best meet your needs.
- Ways to ask for what you want in a way that will be better received.
- Skills that will increase your trust that everyone’s needs can be met, even when it seems hopeless.
- Mon, Apr 3, 2023 - 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Mon, Apr 10, 2023 - 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Mon, Apr 17, 2023 - 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Mon, Apr 24, 2023 - 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Mon, May 1, 2023 - 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Mon, May 8, 2023 - 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Mon, May 15, 2023 - 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Mon, May 22, 2023 - 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Individual and Couples Coaching, Mediation and Training
I started my practicing and sharing Nonviolent Communication (NVC) in 2003 as part of my passion for building stronger relationships, (focusing on, though not limited to, Couples and Parenting,) while developing more integrated and sustainable communities. I completed my NVC Trainer Certification with CNVC in 2016.
I've been gifted by the experience of bringing NVC into the Oregon State Penitentiary, Columbia River Correctional Institution, the Reentry Transition Center in Portland, and at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility (for Women). I currently offer Individual and Couples Coaching, mediation and various trainings to my greater Portland community and globally via zoom. Having been a Rose City NVC Teacher Training Program (TTP) participant myself, I'm now excited to offer this same opportunity (as sole proprietor of Rose City NVC), to other teachers in training.
My personal NVC journey includes many other forms of emotional/spiritual growth work with an emphasis on meditative and body awareness practices. I integrate practices which allow me other avenues to strengthen the essence of our NVC work. While I believe words and the form on NVC can help my participants get into a place of greater compassion and understanding, I also believe that holding a space of compassion and understanding in myself creates ease in adopting the new words (silently and out loud) for my participants. My spiritual outlook related to NVC is to align my daily will in progress towards awareness, acceptance, action and sharing the gifts I've received from this work. My vision for an NVC world is one in which most adults will hold this type of unconditional and loving space most of the time, supporting each other in the hard times, and in continued healing and growth, so we can be fully engaged to more of each moment on this earth.