Family constellations are an emergent exploration of healing in community, an experiential working that we do together by three-dimensionalising our lives to see the interplay between forces and work to untangle knots of trauma and past wounds.
In family constellations we can work at the personal level, at the family level, transgenerationally and historically and systemically. Many constellations take us into all of the above, depending on what the seeker is looking to explore. The seeker of each constellation (chosen by lottery) drives our exploration based on the questions they ask.
If you’ve ever wondered about these kinds of questions, you might enjoy exploring constellations:
- How have your ancestors’ journeys impacted you?
- What are the hidden blocks that make your life difficult? How can you heal them if you don’t know what they are?
- What has not been acknowledged in your family system that may be causing a convergence of pain in the present?
- How can you transform your family, your culture, or your internal landscape from influencing you with trauma to becoming a resource?
- How might we strip away your entanglements and release your unconscious contracts through resonance and constellations magic?
- How might capitalism, racism and colonialism be weighing on your body, squelching your capacity for nourishment and balance?
Plan for the day
- The day’s four constellations will be distributed by lottery among the participants.
- We will work in large group constellations all day, with a break for lunch.
- You are free to rest, relax, sleep… there is no requirement that you participate (in fact, resting or sleeping is often an important role in a constellation!)
Who is this event for?
Whether you are a complete beginner or an advanced practitioner of family constellations, this workshop will support and enliven your journey. Those looking for personal healing, as well as those who work in healing professions, are welcome.
Sarah Peyton, author of Your Resonant Self, is a neuroscience educator, Nonviolent Communication trainer, and family constellations facilitator. While many facilitators work in ritual or directive forms of constellations, Sarah works with what emerges, where each representative brings important information through sensing into their own bodies, and that information is put into the system as we work with the seeker’s question.
Sarah Peyton, CNVC Certified Trainer, offers trainings focused on learning and using resonant language to transform the brain. She brings together depth work and self-compassion that integrate Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB) with the healing potential of Nonviolent Communication's verbal and non-verbal empathy. She is delighted by the self-compassion that arises from understanding how language and resonance change our brains, heal trauma and give us new energy, well-being and choice. She teaches and lectures internationally, teaches communication at the college level, and she has been published in North America and Europe on NVC and IPNB. Her work focuses on how we hear and understand one another, effective ways to connect hearts, and developing self-compassion and clarity. Her passion is watching people's self-understanding deepen into warmth. Her book Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Restore Your Brain's Capacity for Healing, published by W.W. Norton & Co. in 2017, is the first book from a major publisher to significantly feature Nonviolent Communication.